Tuesday 7 September 2010

September 6

I woke up at 4am and felt like my stomach was having a rollercoaster ride. I flipped my body over and the uneasy feeling stopped.

Once I woke up at 7.30 and took a shower, I tried to wake Anine as well.
But she had absolutely serious problems. I didn't feel well either. So I
went to the prayer alone.

There he was the school priest, dressed in white bearing a red spot on his forehead. He started by cleaning his body: mouth, hands and ears. So did
I. There was a really old man next to the fireplace as well. throughout
the ceremony he would sing holly mantras and pour a mix of spices into the fire. The procedure was overwhelming, yet, I couldn't read Sanskrit nor
sing that well.

Afterwards, he gave me a handful of sweet rice, God's food.

At 10 we were supposed to represent our mission in the very same school.
no previous volunteers have ever worked there, hence it should have been
an ice-breaking experience.

Once again, Anine was feeling sick, but I didn't want to postpone it.
Afterwards, I would only have to represent our countries, and I knew
Norway quite well.

And here I was, standing in front of a 150 uniformed students crowd. They
finished a drum march and headmaster told them an inspiring speech. The
Indian national anthem has begun but by then Modestas was rather melting,
I felt my soul and consciousness leaving the body. It was too late to
retreat, but I told the headmaster I felt sick. He responded angrily:
"Please!", apparently the anthem was more important. Sickness took an upper hand and I grabbed my backpack and rushed down the stairs. My sight
narrowed and went green. I started stumbling over my feet and wonder how
could I have reached my bed. I collapsed in it and did not move for at
least an hour.

Me and Anine were down to nothing, we could barely afford wasting energy on speaking and agreed to sleep, drink water, and wait for Ankit to come from work, so we could call him in and ask for help. We called him at 1500, and were asked to wait for the evening.

Then Panki came with a doctor and he told us to rest and drink water and
some Oral rehydratation salts. So I wrapped myself into the bed cover
sweated a lot and fught that stomach infection ;D

No sooner than 2000 I felt better, jumped into thermies and got some
fruits from a shop. Later, called the Love of my live and never felt that
happy to have somebody loving me so much!

All in all, we spent the whole day in our beds and will have to catch up
with the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment