Tuesday 28 September 2010

Don't mess with my nerves!

I missed Yoga yesterday, but as it turned out this morning, there will be no more training sessions for us. It's over. Without hesitating much I knocked on the priest's doors (arranging his arranged marriage is smoothening out, last week he dropped in to evaluate his future wife's family and dowry.), he unlocked the ceremonial room and I did Yoga by myself. I felt immature and cold :)

Anyways, we had a "green" lunch on Monday, consisting of lentils and beans:


















Then, we visited a temple which is next doors to our modest accommodation:


Finally, in Bhuntar, got a few more pictures and headed for Kalheli.


As we've lost Bashing, the more and more time is spent in this ashram. And this time the children were slightly bored by us: watching Smackdown (Undertaker vs. Kane - I enjoyed that one as well!), Bollywood hits with Govindah and doing homework.

Last day, we awarded them with a few nicely printed and laminated scripts. Surprisingly today none of them were present, so I lost my patience easily, shouted. Imagine me exploding on them. BJ calmed me down. BJ is a 12 year old boy. Just like the majority of orphanage kids in India, he has both parents, who take him back for a holiday season and summer. Instinctively I am convinced that the reason behind the low girls population in orphanages is due to female infanticide. Staggering numbers, over 10 million each year. The boy dreams of becoming a police driver and attending a +2 school in the English medium. Hindi schools are cheap, only 100 Rs. per year, compared to English ones 800 Rs. It's heart brekaing to realize that the child's future is determined by $15.

In the end, they have lost my new ball from the Juggling collection! (^ ^), on top of that we inadvertently refused to eat the dinner there, which my stomach regretted ever after. We'll manage them better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment